Sunday 19 June 2016

EXO Grand Comeback Review Part 2: “Lucky One” | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

This is the second and final part of the EXO Grand Comeback Review thing I’ve been doing, however you join me when I’m rather unenthused since the song I’m reviewing is pretty shit compared to the previous one (review here). Let’s just get on with it, shall we? Here is my thoughts on Lucky One.


The song is okay. Pretty catchy, but it’s nothing exceptional, it’s not really my cup of tea, it’s nothing I’d listen to on repeat, in any case. I mean the chorus is pretty good. I like the flute thing in the background, that kind of helps with giving it a bit of originality, even though it does just sound like they’re trying to mask the rehashed disco crap that (like I said in the “Dynamite” review) almost everyone is doing at the moment.
It’s okay. I’ll give it that. It’s okay. Nothing too painful to listen to. But not that good either. I don’t really know how to explain it.

The MV is fucking weird. After having watched it a few times, I’ve come up with this plot line: they’ve been kidnapped by a mad scientist (Human Centipede-style) and he wants to experiment on them, so naturally they’re trying to escape (which would explain all the running around), and the scientist’s evil robot helpers are trying to catch them. Also, they are dancing and standing in front of planets for some reason. Oh, and a window breaks, don’t know why. Then, in the middle of all this, Kai has a sudden urge to break out in dance that corresponds coincidentally to the music. WHAT ARE YOU DOING BOY RUN HE'S GOING TO SHORTEN YOUR INTESTINS TO SEE IF YOU SURVIVE OR NOT. (Okay I need to calm down.)
Though it was nice to see them with their powers again. 

I really want to like this song. It's a good song, but it's not amazing. I feel like Monster is definitely the stronger song of the two.

I must admit that for a large portion of the MV I was confused and I’m not even going to try and understand it properly. I haven't got much to say about it. 

I'm going to give 2,5 kimchis out of 5. Sorry EXO. Still love you, though.

Which was your favourite? Monster or Lucky One?

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment