Sunday 29 May 2016

The Wonders That Are: MVs | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

So I was watching BTS’ “FIRE” MV and I started thinking about the various different MVs I’ve seen, so I’m going to try and rank some of the weirdest, most epic, funniest and just plain randomest MVs I’ve seen in my short k-pop life. I'm going to keep it to two MVs per category, since given the sheer number

This post has also been with the participation of my friend and fellow k-popper, Gaëlle, who is a lot more knowledgable in MVs than I am.

Just Plain Weird

I mean how could I not feature this one? This is almost become a classic of the weird MV categories of any k-popper. My favourite parts have to be any scene with them at the urinals doing god knows what whilst peeing, and when the guy whacks GD over the head with the book! 
I also really love the song, it's super catchy.

Dumb and Dumber - iKON


Shall we talk about this video? I don't quite know what to start with, between the giants with the huge hands, or Jinhwan sitting in a tree pretending to be an owl, and the scene when they're in the car - my god!

Pratically A Film Plot
RUN and I NEED U series - BTS




I know this isn't just one MV and more of a series but I couldn't not feature them, seeing as every single ARMY and most k-pop fans have been speculating about what the hell is happening in those MVs (and I don't think anyone ever will).

Back - INFINITE

This is basically a film in itself, let's face it. I mean, I don't understand what's going on, other than there's a girl who's been kidnapped and INFINITE is trying to get her back (hence the name) and they all get beaten up in the process and... that's all I've got. 

The Box Kind
EXO - Mama


Other than the introduction, this is basically a box MV, though I personally quite like box MVs. I love the choreo and the concept of the MV too.

Block B - Toy


As I mentioned in my review of their newest EP, this is my favourite song of theirs in the whole thing. Despite it being a box MV, I really love it because the choreo is on point, and the camera work is exceptional.


The "Awwww I Love This Group!" MVs
We Like 2 Party - BIGBANG


Despite the fact that I had known about this song for ages, I'd never actually gotten around to listening to it and watching the MV. It's so cute!

And try as I might I can't find another MV that make me feel all gooey inside (sad face), though I'll add one in the future if I find one.

Then obviously you have the dance practises and the live shows but that's a whole different story.

What are your favourite MVs?

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment