Sunday 10 July 2016

Favourite Comebacks So Far - 6 Months In | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

I am very bad and have been terrible with posting at the moment, and even though I wanted to get this up in June, that didn't happen *sob* so let's just pretend it's still June, okay?

I kind of regret starting this, and now I'm going to have to do it in December again, don't I? Lovely. Have fun.

January
4Minute - Hate



I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE!! *goes to sob in a corner* the last ever comeback by 4Minute. Very sad, but very good. I think this was my first comeback too *sobs even more*.

Teen Top - Warning Sign



I'd been told off many times by my friend Gaƫlle for not listening to Teen Top, so I jumped at the chance to when I saw that they had had their comeback, so I had a listen to a couple of their songs and I really enjoyed them, but seeing as this is the comeback for this year so this is kind of the only relevant one.

Dal Shabet - Someone Like U



I had heard this... somewhere. Anyway, it's got a nice groovy beat to it that doesn't sound quite as generic as most of these kinds of songs do.

February 
WINNER - SENTIMENTAL



I rather like this song, despite the fact that the MV makes my head hurt. Like the harmonies and the way they've layered the voices. I think I'm going to rather like WINNER, their voices complement each other which is refreshing nowadays.

March/April
HISTORY - Queen


Love the beat and the instrumental side to this! A very refreshing song too, it doesn't sound like anything else I've listened to before.

Block B - Toy



I've already expressed my thoughts and love for "Toy" in the review I did that you can check out here. Very good, well done, Block B.

TWICE - Cheer Up



I love TWICE. They're one of the few recent girl groups I don't want to punch and tell them to toughen up and stop with the constant aegyo. Cheer Up is good. I don't quite know what it is that makes me like it so much but I do so there we are. Though it has the gift of getting stuck in my head for days on end, but hey ho.

BTS - Forever Young



Again, going to be a lazy shit and forfeit having to talk about this because I've already said them in the review. So enjoy that here

May
May was a slow month for comebacks...
BTS - FIRE



FIRE is... Well, it's perfection. It's everything you could want from a BTS song and MV. It's fun and lively, and you can almost feel their spirit ooze out of it and... ugh, I just love it so much. Plus, the choreo is fucking divine. It's like chocolate for your eyes. Smooth but crisp at the same time and the boys... well... hats off to them, because that choreo is fucking hard (I speak from experience) and they hit every move like champions and I'm so fucking proud of them for that. 

Juin
U-KISS - Stalker



I accept the fact that this is a seriously generic k-pop song but I like it so tough, go ahead, judge me, I dare you.

EXO - Monster



Again! I feel like I'm totally slacking off for this post but I've already reviewed it so go and check that out because I have a lot of thoughts on this comeback - you can read that here, how lovely.

Honorable Mentions
These are typically songs that I like but not enough to consider a "favorite", and if not then they have a specific quality that made me think that they're not that bad.

Rainbow - Whoo



I'm not going to let myself like this song properly because it's such a terrible song on paper that I'd no longer have any self-respect so it got relegated to honorable mentions. 
In all seriousness, I just don't like it enough for it to have made the actual list, but enough to jump around my apartment dancing along because I'm trying to get myself into a good mood.

Taemin - Press Your Number



I feel like every single k-popper on earth is madly in love with Taemin. I really don't get the attraction but oh well. Anyway, this is the most white-washed-America-influenced song I've heard in a long time but I quite like to coolness it has to it so that's totally saved it in my opinion. A bit overdramatic, though.

Taemin - Drip Drop



Again, I swear I've heard the English version of this song on the radio. Anyway, I think Taemin has something magical in his voice that makes anything he sings immediately attractive to me because I rather like this song too. Though can someone fire whoever dressed him for the MV? He looks bloody ridiculous.


Eric Nam - Interview


Is it bad that I didn't know that Eric Nam was a singer and thought he was just an interviewer/public figure? 

Oh My Girl - Liar Liar


Despite the fact that they irritate me, the song is pretty catchy which makes up for it. 

BTOB - Remember That


What is it with every single once hip-hop group going into ballads?! Block B, BTOB, iKON - what's happening?! Anyway, the chorus is really good, it's just the verses that let it down.

Block B - A Few Years Later


Like 'Toy', I did a review of this here, but basically, despite the fact that I'm not totally in love with this song, it's really beautiful and thought it deserved a little word.

SEVENTEEN - Love Letter


I just liked the beat of this song. 


iKON - #WYD


Again, it's a sweet song but a bit too ballad-ey for my tastes still. Plus, even though the MV is impossibly cliche, it's pretty adorable so there's that.

CLC - No Oh Oh


See 'Liar Liar - Oh My Girl' (my opinion is basically the same for most of girl group songs!)

ASTRO - Breathless


I'm not the biggest fan of ASTRO, their music is a bit too cutesy for my tastes, but, like Infinite, the group in themselves, as people, I really like. I watched the MV and found it totally hilarious and I thought it was worth a mention here. I don't really like the song but the MV makes up for it entirely.

BTS - SAVE ME



I was super pumped when this MV came out. After FIRE, I was expecting something massive and epic, but as it turns out it wasn't quite as epic as that. I love the song, even though it's totally unlike anything else BTS has previously done. 

Bloody hell! That was rather long, wasn't it! What were your favorite comebacks of this year? What comebacks are you looking forward to most? 

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment