Sunday 11 September 2016

The Wonders That Are: K-Pop Fangirl | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

I've done a couple of these and they always seem to go down really well with you guys so I figured I'd make another one. This time I decided to talk about k-pop fangirls because my god... This is a not something I can just make a passing point on in another post!



Sasaeng
Basically the mega-fangirls of the k-pop world. They're basically massive stalkers and in my opinion they're the reason k-pop fans get a bad rep, because they follow idols around, even to their dorms, want to know their every move. Remember the BTS airport incident that happened in Taiwan? I bet good money that there was a majority of sasaengs. Anyway, they're the kind of fangirl that'll follow their favourite group to their dorms and that kind of thing.

The Merch Fans
These fans are pretty big fans of certain groups, and proceed to spend any money they come across on merch. Posters, t-shirts, phone cases, CDs, bags, you name it, if their favourite groups sells it, they have it.

The Silent Fans
These are quite simply the kind of fans you wouldn't even believe are fans of k-pop at all. They don't spend their time going on about it, they're just casual fans.

The Arguers 
These are the fans that will defend their bias/favourite group to the death. If you even consider saying anything about them, you are sure to die, spammed to death by a hoard of them. They're incapable of think rationally once you set them off and they kind of just see red and go mad. 

The Mothers
I've found only met of couple of these kind of fans, but it's basically the kind of fan that aren't 'in love' with their favourite idols, but they consider them like their children and care about them in a motherly way. It's both adorable and messed up in equal measures.

The Closeted Fans
We started one extreme and finished with another. These are the kind of fans who don't openly admit they're fans of k-pop, out of fear of being criticised or mocked, but they can't help but fangirl a bit when they see a comeback or a new variety show episode.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I really enjoy these kinds of posts and I find them really amusing to write. Let me know if you'd like me to write more of these then let me know, and also let me know about what you'd like me to talk about. Also, have I missed any out? Let me know all that in the comments.

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment