Sunday 24 April 2016

BTS "Forever Young" MV Review | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

A lot of reviews recently, huh? I mean, I guess it was pretty much a given that I this post was coming, right?


I was pratically wetting myself with excitement when I saw this appear on my Facebook timeline. What?! A new BTS MV?! SINCE WHEN?! I WASN'T INFORMED OF THIS!!

Let's talk about the song first. It's a totally different vibe than I'm used to with BTS and it took me a couple of listens for me to decide if I like it or not. It's not my favourite BTS song, but it's nice. The vocals are on point, the rapping too, as were the harmonies. It's quite catchy, but a bit slow for my taste.

After taking a step back and listening to some of BTS' earlier stuff, I do agree with what some A.R.M.Ys where saying, about they have significantly changed in recent times. In a way, I kind of miss their earlier, more hip-hop stuff, but I do like this new, softer stuff they're bringing out too.
I do feel, though, that because of their changes in their concept, they've lost their originality, since I don't hear that many groups doing that tough, hip-hop stuff that they used to do. Either way, I'm a fan of both.

The MV (watch it here) is really unusual. Like the song it took me a few watches to properly get an opinion on it. First things first, something that immediately struck me and that I want to address - V IS BLONDE. WHAT. I don't know if I like it or not.
So from the beginning, you see small clips of the I NEED U, Run and the prologue videos. You also see all of the boys separately (all looking gorgeous as usual) in this kind of weird caged off area that, from re-watching the MV, looks like a maze that they're all stuck in. They're all running, looking alarmed for some reason, and my theory is that they're all trying to find one another. All that mixed in with clips of the 3 previous MVs (I NEED U, Run and the prologue). It's in an odd quality and it's almost like watching old home movies.
One thing that I don't like is their clothes. I mean look at Jungkook's shirt - who wears that?!

Now I have a theory about this MV. I think it has a link to the 3 other videos. My theory is that everyone dies at the end, so that brings me on to this MV - I think that's them in heaven, trying to all reunite. Since it's kind of all white, and blue skies and it just looks like heaven to me. Then they reunite and go and run into the sunset, whoopy-do.

And we were also graced with these beautiful faces on their facebook page:




There are more on their Facebook and Instagram but I just chose my favourites.

I'd give this MV 4 kimchis out of 5.

What did you think of the song and the MV? Do you agree with my theory? Also, what do you think about the new looks of the boys? Do you like them or did you prefer before?

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment