Thursday 11 August 2016

HyunA "How's This" MV Review | Dying For Drama

Annyeong! 

Today I have another review for you from the sexual beacon that is HyunA. I had been looking forward to seeing what she was going to be presenting to us after the disbandment of 4Minute, and also after Roll Deep, so as soon as heard it was out, I immediately has a listen and I wanted to let you know what I think. As usual, I’ll start with the song.


I honestly didn’t know what to expect for this comeback, so all I could really do is hold my breath and see. 
It’s a very upbeat, summer time song that’s pretty easy to listen to. It’s not the best song in the world. There’s nothing particularly original or different to it. Let’s just say that everything about it is, from the song to the MV, is white washed. It sounds like any other shitty pop song that’s on the radio at the moment, just in Korean, which I’m disappointed about because I really was hoping for something a bit more original and creative from HyunA, but alas, no. 

Half expect the rest of 4Minute to come out sooner or later (I don't know if that's because there's a very 4Min vibe or because I'm still in mourning)

The MV is nothing you haven’t already seen before, either. People dancing around, looking sexy, loads of strange outfits, you know, the usual box MV kind of thing.

All in all, I think HyunA could’ve done better. It’s pretty poor and I don’t feel like there’s much effort gone into it. It feels like they’ve just slapped it all together. 

I’m going to give ‘How’s This’ a 2,5 kimchis out of 5.

What do you think of ‘How’s This’? Let me know in the comments. 

Fighting!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment