Saturday 20 August 2016

VIXX 'Fantasy' MV Review | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

I can hear a sharp intake of breath from any regular readers from here! *laughs at own shitty joke*

Right, okay so when I heard that VIXX had their comeback, I was apprehensive. I decided to listen to it despite my distaste for Dynamite, because like I'd said in that other review, I really enjoy the other things VIXX had released in the past. So with an open mind and heart, I listened and I'm going to tell you what I thought of it.


So for the entirety of the intro and the first verse I was like “oh shit I’m not going to enjoy this, I can feel it. It’s got that very disjointed and badly put together feel that Dynamite had but then the bridge came and I started to eat my words, slowly but surely. By the chorus I had taken back everything I had said. The chorus sweeps you off your feet and totally takes you by surprise. The vocals are on point on and the beats combine beautifully. The first chorus is short enough for it to give you a taste of what to look forward to later on in the song.

I definitely prefer the chorus to the verses. They’re a lot more dramatic and powerful and even technically I much prefer the choruses.

Also, can we talk about Ravi for a sec?! What happened?! Not only does his white hair make him look hot as fuck and suit him to no end, but that rap verse was just amazing! 

Onto the MV. I’m glad to see that they’ve taken the dark concept, that’s something that really drew me to VIXX in the beginning is that they have such a dark and eery concept as a group, not just for certain comebacks. But is it just me that feels like we don’t see a lot of Hongbin in this comeback?

Cinematographically, this MV is beautiful. You can tell that the shots are really thought out and well planned. I love the choreography. It’s very crisp and follows the music really well.

In all, I was very very pleasantly surprised for this comeback. It's everything you hope for in a VIXX song and MV and it makes me happy inside.

I'm giving 'Fantasy' 4 kimchis out of 5 simply because of the verses.

What did you think of this comeback? If you have any comebacks or songs in general you'd like me to review then let me know in the comments and your wish shall be my command.

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment